Corinthian Lodge No. 4917, of the Masonic Province of South Wales, meets in the Swansea Masonic Hall, on the first Thursday of November, December, February, March, April, May and October.
Founded in 1927, Corinthian Lodge No. 4917 was the first Lodge to be consecrated in Swansea Masonic Hall. Well known in South Wales, the Lodge is very popular with visitors.
Since 1813 Freemasonry in England and Wales is governed by the United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE). Having formed from the first Grand Lodge in London (1717), it is one of the oldest and largest fraternal, secular and charitable organisations in the world.
There are over a quarter of a million Freemasons meeting in over 8000 Lodges across England and Wales.
UGLE operates from Freemasons' Hall on Great Queen Street in London between Covent Garden and Holborn.
The Masonic Province of South Wales governs over 160 Craft Lodges meeting in towns and cities across the old counties of Glamorganshire, Breconshire and Radnorshire.
The first Province in South Wales was established in 1727, ten years after the formation of the first Grand Lodge in London.
South Wales has since seen extensive growth, and in 1848 separated into Eastern and Western Divisions.
In 2008 Eastern and Western Divisions were renamed. The Western Division became the Province of West Wales, whilst the Eastern division became the current Masonic Province of South Wales.
Swansea has a purpose built Masonic Centre, located on St Helen's Road. It is home to 24 Craft Lodges, 13 Royal Arch Chapters and numerous Conclaves and other side orders.
In 1922 the house and grounds known as Brunswick House were purchased for the development of new Masonic buildings.
The Swansea Masonic Hall was opened and dedicated in 1926.
In 1927 Corinthian Lodge No.4917 was the first Lodge to be consecrated in the Swansea Masonic Hall.
Contrary to common misconception becoming a Freemason is neither difficult or exclusive.
If you would like to join Corinthian Lodge No. 4917 please contact us.